"In certain circles, mask-wearing will become a form of distinction; a way of distinguishing yourself from brainwashed cretins and showing you are a Good Person. Masks will become moral garments, public demonstrations of decency. " (Source)
Why do people wear masks?
There is now much more to the wearing of face masks than the COVID-19 virus. It has become a form of virtue-signalling. Even MASKERS will tell you this: the mask has become politicized (and even racialized). And they blame it on NOMASKERS.
Wearing a mask tells people you care. Wearing a mask is "settled science" (like global warming). It's simple really: if you wear a mask, you are educated and informed. Those who do not wear a mask are not educated and are not informed. Doctors wear masks, after all.
When you wear a mask, you indicate in public your willing compliance to embrace mutually contradicting ideas for the global good. You wear a mask because you care.
Why do people NOT wear masks?
People may choose not to wear masks because of health existing conditions which prohibit it. They may choose not to because of the futility of it: they understand that masks have NOT been proven to prevent the spread of viruses, but instead can be harmful to their health. Finally, they may choose not to wear masks because of what the mask represents: unquestioned compliance.
- Mask mandates by governers and mayors are dangerous executive over-reaches. Invoking state and local emergency protocols which were never intended to be applied in this context have created a major backlashes in cities like Chicago. These mandates are ambiguous, contradictory, unenforceable and dangerous.
- Kentucky, Louisiana, Indiana, Georgia and Florida are among the states that are dealing with the ineveitable legal fallout, and states like Ohio have already rescended their mask mandate.
- The science behind the effectiveness of masks (especially cloth masks) is far from settled.
- Sheriffs and police departments all over the United States have pushed back. They are not, and cannot, enforce mask mandates. Neither can health departments.
- Mask mandates place enforcement in the laps of mom-and-pop business owners in all sectors. In retail, customers have become confrontational - even violent. They are loosing customers, because a signficant number of them will not wear masks. Their employees are quitting. These business owners have had enough, and are fighting back.
Masks have become the symbol of the perpetual struggle for individual freedom and sovereignty, for ourselves, our families and our communities.
It's not that COVID-19 virus that NOMASKERS fear the most; it's the RESPONSE to the virus that concerns them.
Having to wear a mask is not like our having to wear seatbelts, as Miami Mayor Francis Suarez suggested. If the stated aim of state and local mask mandates concerns our own health and safety, than our leaders need to be able to convince the virologists, epidemiologists, police officers, attorneys, engineers and other smart people that the mandates are worth it. So far, they haven't. It is, after all, our own health and safety.
When a governor or a mayor stands in front of the microphones - striking a masked pose with the cameras rolling - they always claim that science is on their side. They infer that the evidence is conclusive: the wearing of masks is effective in reducing the spread of the Coronovirus. However, the science isn't there. And, at a time when we are faced with record unemployment, rampant civil unrest in our cities, major disruptions in supply and distribution, and our kids not being able to go to school, this is not the time to be striking that pose. These sober speeches by our elected governors are all the same. Eventually, the governor will engage the protesting police officer or business owner a coy, conciliatory smile: "“this mandate is more about education than enforcement.”
Individuals capable of independent thinking, possessing the backbone to effectively and lawfully express themselves peacefully MAY NOT WEAR MASKS.
Eventually, the downstream impact of majority acceptance of unjustifiable and illegal mandates will manifest itself: we will not be able to raise our families, run our businesses, or even step outside our own house to go to work or even to buy food - mask or no mask!
How are NOMASKERS regarded by MASKERS?
To the masker, it is NOMASKERS which are the problem. NOMASKERS are ignorant, and NOMASKERS require educating.
If you don't wear a mask, you're killing Grandma. It's OK that 3000 people should loose their jobs so she doesn't get sick, and if you don't believe that, YOU'RE the threat.
In the minds of MASKERS, you don't get the message. You haven't heard the news. You're un-moved by the media flood of social interest stories about Grandma and Grandpa dying together, holding hands. You're an untutored savage; a gap-toothed hilljack, that must be reigned in for the safety of others.
Because you don't wear a mask, you now stick out like a sore thumb.
Know the Facts
The following four facts are the backbone argument of the no mask proponent:
- The efficacy of masks (especially cloth masks) in reducing the spread of any virus is not "settled science".
- Masks can actually cause the wearer harm.
- The wearing of masks has become more than a tool to fight COVID-19: it has become the symbol of irrational over-reach.
- Mask mandates are not enforceable, and people all over the United States are justifyably pushing back.
Each of these four facts are readily reinforced by the content found here on NOMASKERS.ORG, but do your own research.