- November 23, 2021
About 15 protesters gathered outside of the Thomas E. Creek Veteran Affairs (VA) Medical Center on Friday to protest the recent federal COVID-19 vaccine mandate. They stood in the median across from the facility with various signs denouncing vaccine requirements. Some people who drove by in their cars showed support by beeping their horns.
On Nov. 4, the Biden Administration announced details of a federal mandate, requiring specific employees to be vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus.
Protesters gathered outside of the Thomas E. Creek VA Medical Center Friday afternoon to protest federal COVID-19 vaccine mandates for employees. (Michael Cuviello/Amarillo Globe-News/TNS)
Those required to be vaccinated under the current guidelines include about two-thirds of the available U.S. workforce:
Ryan Brightbill, organizer of the event and founder of Panhandle Texans for Medical Choice, stated that his group held the event outside of the VA Medical Center to bring attention to the mandate of the vaccine for federal employees.
“Our group is advocating to stop the vaccine mandates,” Brightbill said. “We are not anti-vaxxers. We do not agree with the mandates that threaten people’s livelihoods over an experimental vaccine.”
Founder of Panhandle Texans for Medical Choice talks about his opposition to COVID-19 vaccine mandates. (Michael Cuviello/ Amarillo Globe-News/TNS)
“Federal employees have very little to no protection at all against the mandates,” he said.
Brightbill said he is against any mandates and that medical decisions should be made between a patient and their doctor, and not in Washington, D.C.
When asked about whether that applies to all medical decisions, Brightbill stated that decisions like abortion do not give an unformed fetus a medical choice.
He stressed the relative newness of the vaccine and his opinion that not enough research has been done on the vaccine for a mandate of this level to be imposed. He also stated that the number of reactions that have been reported in the VAERS reporting system also makes this vaccine very concerning.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website:
The VAERS reporting system is designed for anonymous reporting of possible vaccine reactions and adverse events. As an early warning system, VAERS cannot prove that a vaccine caused a problem. Specifically, a report to VAERS does not mean that a vaccine caused an adverse event. But VAERS can give CDC and FDA important information. If it looks as though a vaccine might be causing a problem, FDA and CDC will investigate further and act if needed. Anyone can submit a report to VAERS — health care professionals, vaccine manufacturers and the general public. VAERS welcomes all reports, regardless of seriousness and how likely the vaccine may have been to have caused the adverse event.
Local opponents of vaccine mandates gather outside of Thomas E. Creek VA Medical Center on Friday afternoon. (Michael Cuviello/ Amarillo Globe-News/TNS)
Ed Heath, who participated in the protest, stated that his opposition to the mandate was based on its implementation.
He specified religious reasons for his rejection of the vaccine due to the use of fetal tissue in the making of the vaccine.
“I don’t want to meet my maker with that on my conscience,” Heath said.
When pressed about whether he uses other products that use fetal tissue in research, such as Tylenol, he stated that he would not use those products if he were aware of that. According to the CDC and manufacturers, the vaccine contains no fetal tissue but like many products, it is used in research.
Multiple products use these types of cells in research, including Pepsi, Nestle and Kraft products. Other vaccines that treat rabies, polio, chickenpox also have used these cells in their research and manufacturing. Other common household remedies such as Pepto Bismol, Claritin, and about 30 different commonly used products also use these cells for testing.
Rhiannon Burch attended the protest to support personal choice for employees. She felt that the government had no right to tell people what to do with their bodies
“I feel like the mandates violate our freedom of choice,” Burch said.
Many protesters felt that even the military should not be forced to take a vaccine, citing the relative newness and amount of time researched as opposition to a mandate.
The military has a long history of requiring service members to be vaccinated against multiple threats that the general public has not been vaccinated against to address readiness concerns in the theater of battle
Brightbill said that his group would hold other protests to bring to light the plight of workers being forced to get the COVID-19 vaccine.
The Biden Administration has stuck firm to a deadline of Nov. 22 for federal employees to show proof of immunization or file for an exemption. Currently, the Jan. 4 deadline for nonfederal employees has been put on hold, pending legal arguments.
- November 2, 2021Due to the nature of the mRNA vaccine roll-out, healthcare providers need to report any issues in pregnancy to further determine the safety of this product. Caution should be exercised in the administration of vaccines in pregnancy, as indicated by the possible association between the exposure to influenza vaccines containing H1N1pdm09 (2010–11 and 2011–12) and sponta... READ MORE
Spontaneous Abortions and Policies on COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine Use During PregnancyPeer-reviewed. Used CDC Data.
Category: Vaccine Safety
- Fielden Nolan (nolanf), 11/02/2021
- October 21, 2021Vaccines currently are the primary mitigation strategy to combat COVID-19 around the world. For instance, the narrative related to the ongoing surge of new cases in the United States (US) is argued to be driven by areas with low vaccination rates . A similar narrative also has been observed in countries, such as Germany and the United Kingdom . At the same time, Israel... READ MORE
NIH Study: Increases in COVID-19 are unrelated to levels of vaccination across 68 countries and 2947 counties in the United States"..no discernable relationship between percentage of population fully vaccinated and new COVID-19 cases.."
Category: Published Studies: mRNA Vaccines are INEFFECTIVE
- Fielden Nolan (nolanf), 10/21/2021
Preliminary data were collected from June 2006 through October 2009 on 715,000 patients, and 1.4 million doses (of 45 different vaccines) were given to 376,452 individuals. Of these doses, 35,570 possible reactions (2.6 percent of vaccinations) were identified. This is an average of 890 possible events, an average of 1.3 events per clinician, per month. These data were presented at the 2009 AMIA c... READ MORE
Harvard Report: “fewer than 1% of vaccine adverse events are reported” to VAERS
Category: Vaccine Safety
- Fielden Nolan (nolanf), 09/15/2021
Source: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210503/SARS-CoV-2e28099s-distinctive-spike-protein-plays-a-key-role-in-the-disease-itself-shows-study.aspxScientists have known for a while that SARS-CoV-2's distinctive "spike" proteins help the virus infect its host by latching on to healthy cells. Now, a major new study shows that they also play a key role in the disease itself.The ... READ MORE
Salk Institute: SARS-CoV-2’s distinctive "spike" protein plays a key role in the disease itself
Category: Published Studies: mRNA Vaccines are NOT safe
- Fielden Nolan (nolanf), 09/14/2021
- September 9, 2021https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8395971/Analysis of the Effects of COVID-19 Mask Mandates on Hospital Resource Consumption and Mortality at the County LevelSteven G. Schauer, DO, MS, Jason F. Naylor, PA-C, Michael D. April, MD, PhD, Brandon M. Carius, PA-C, and Ian L. Hudson, DO, MPHAuthor information Article notes Copyright and License... READ MORE
NCBI: Analysis of the Effects of COVID-19 Mask Mandates on Hospital Resource Consumption and Mortality at the County Level
Category: Published Studies: Masks are INEFFECTIVE
- Fielden Nolan (nolanf), 09/09/2021
Conclusion Live vaccine virus shedding is a possible source of transmission of vaccine-strain viral infection but how frequently that occurs is unknown.There is no active surveillance of live virus vaccine shedding and most vaccine strain virus infections likely remain unidentified, untested and unreported.The risks associated with exposure to someone vaccinated with one of the live attenuated vac... READ MORE
The Emerging Risks of Live Virus & Virus Vectored VaccinesVaccine Strain Virus Infection, Shedding & Transmission
Category: Published Studies: mRNA Vaccines are NOT safe
- Fielden Nolan (nolanf), 07/30/2021
- Fielden Nolan (nolanf), 07/21/2021
- July 19, 2021FROM: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34273098/A new study carried out in Barcelona and published in the National Library of Medicine has confirmed that Vitamin D supplements are associated with better Covid outcomesAbstractPurpose: To analyze the associations between cholecalciferol or calcifediol supplementation, serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D (25OHD) levels and COVID-19 outc... READ MORE
NIH: Vitamin D supplementation and COVID-19 risk: a population-based, cohort study
Category: COVID-19 Treatments
- Fielden Nolan (nolanf), 07/19/2021
- Fielden Nolan (nolanf), 07/12/2021
- Fielden Nolan (nolanf), 07/11/2021